Many motorists use the helmet simply to avoid traffic fines. It is a good idea? Off course, no, the helmet is a fundamental protection element and can save your life. You should not take lightly the choice of something so important for your safety, and for that reason it is important that you know the types of helmets that are on the market and, above all, keep in mind that it is an element of protection more in the equipment of a motorcyclist; You should not base yourself solely on fashions or aesthetic aspects when deciding. Drivers who do not use the helmet for heat or to avoid discomfort must know that not only can they be punished, but they are in serious danger. In addition, there are many false myths about the use of the helmet that you should know, as they can lead to confusion for beginners. Don’t forget to check our top 5 best Helmets available online In India.
Tips for choosing the best helmet
It is crucial, when choosing a helmet because, in 20% of serious accidents of motorcyclists, the helmet is fired because the size or the subjection is not adequate. And, is that according to manufacturers, 60% do not choose the right size. The helmet should not make excessive pressure but neither is looser of the account to avoid “dancing”, thus avoiding mismatch in case of an accident. It has to be glued to the cheekbones and mold to the shape of our head but without creating discomfort because it is too tight. We must bear in mind that over time the interior gives way, giving of it so it is not a bad idea to squeeze a bit at the beginning taking this into account.
Take your time to choose one that the helmet is your size. It should stay tight but not overwhelming. The best thing is that you know the sizes well so that you can make the best decision.
THE INTEGRAL IS THE SAFEST
We always recommend full-face helmets because they are the ones that use a stronger outer shell or structure and in principle, they are the safest. But they are more versatile and cool in summer both convertible and folding, and most of the times have the approval of full-face helmets. There are brands that have been encouraged to make similar models, with the possibility of dismantling the chin guard by making a helmet with several configurations. At the moment we choose a jet or semi-jet model, we already know that we are playing our pretty face in the event of an accident but they are much more comfortable to use in the city, as well as cheaper.
Even if they swear and swear that it's perfect, never buy a used or second-hand helmet. It may have some structural damage due to previous blows and be useless to protect your life, which is what it is about.
It is another variable very to take into account. Do not buy helmets that exceed 1,400 gr. In case of impact to more weight more rotational forces that can cause more internal damage. But it is also a matter of comfort because the weight is felt after a good while in motion.
It is essential that you have good channels that help evacuate the heat while keeping our head as fresh as possible. It is important that the opening and closing is made in a simple way to be able to manipulate us in motion, if necessary, but losing the minimum possible attention on the road. If the hull is of quality, the noise with the closed vents should be low (null is almost impossible).
This depends on the composition of the shell, which is responsible for absorbing the impact in the event of an accident. The structure tri-composite formed by Kevlar, fiberglass, and carbon is the one that offers an optimal compromise between weight, absorption and resistance. The polycarbonate ones are more economical but with worse general qualities and less resistance to impacts.
It depends to a large extent on the inside of the helmet, on the quality of the set of pads. It is highly recommended that it be made with hypoallergenic fabric and it must be easily removable to keep it always clean and in the best conditions, although it should not be washed very often. Some brands offer different densities of the pads so that the fit to the physiognomy of our face is perfect. And others have patented a system of inflation of the inner pads thanks to which it adjusts to until it makes the correct pressure on the cheeks.
Best Helmets in India – Reviews
Studds offers premium helmet models, offers high-quality UV resistant Polyurethane paints used for enhancement. Look no further than Studds, if you’re eyeing for performance and quality at one go.
Why we recommend it
- The outer shell injected from special high impact grade of engineering thermoplastic
- Optically true injected polycarbonate visor duly silicon hard coated for scratch resistance properties
- Structured density EPS concussion padding lined with specially treated anti-allergic velveteen
- It’s transferable and replaceable liners
- Quick release chinstrap mechanism for ease of operation & safety
- A dynamic Ventilation system for increased airflow providing more comfort to the rider while driving
- Accessible in various unicolor options
- Spare visors available in clear, smoke tint, mirror and rainbow options
- Its available in M (570 mm), L (580 mm), and XL (600 mm) sizes
ISI approved helmet from Vega Verve is what every woman’s desire, as it offers a perfect combination of style and comfort. It looks dashing, light-in-weight fits in mopeds and ideal companion for all the girls.
Why we recommend it
- Comes with a different shell for girls
- True women's era
- Lightweight which fits in all mopeds. Small (55- 56 cm), Medium(56- 58 cm), Large(58- 59 cm), Extra Large(59- 60 cm)
- Dashing looks with ponytail space. Silent chin strap lock
- Patent lock mechanism for a helmet. All helmets feel tight at first to meet safety requirements and foam takes time to adjust according to head size
Dass Getz is an ideal choice for any girl as it’s high-impact resistant, comfy, light-in-weight and comes with an expandable and adjustable chinstrap.
Why we recommend it
- Open Face Helmet, Color – Pink, Gender – Females, Material – the Outer shell is of polycarbonate, nylon high impact resistant, ABS hard plastic shell,
- The inner shell is of polystyrene EPS, expanded polystyrene impact reducing XL foam, Polyurethane, dual density EPS foam two vents, adjustable chin straps, PS liner, ISI certified, Comfortable & sturdy
- Thermoplastic Outer Shell, Scratch Resistant, Light Weight, Comfortable, Sturdy, Clear Visor, Easy Adjustable Chinstrap
- Large (59cm-61cm)
- 1 Helmet
Your bike ride is secured when you have this classic full face helmet by Steelbird. This helmet from Steelbird is made out of engineering thermoplastics which protect the outer shell from high impact. Equipped with EPS concussion padding and a dynamic ventilation system, this Adonis helmet offers both comfort and safety on the go.
Why we recommend it
- It helps you quick release chinstrap mechanism for ease of operation and safety
- Its high in quality, with UV resistant Polyurethane paints used for artistic improvement
- The vibrant ventilation system for increased airflow in case more comfort to the rider while driving
- The outer shell injected from special high impression grade of engineering thermoplastic
- The controlled density EPS concussion padding lined with specifically treated anti-allergic velveteen
- All helmets feel tight at first to meet safety desires and foam takes time to adjust allowing heading size.
Vega Cliff Full Face Helmet offers to all riders with a supreme quality Cliff Full Face Helmet that words to keep them safe and exclusively endangered during their stimulating bike trips. The hard ABS outer shell diminution influence and offers extreme durability and permanence. The visor deals struggle in contradiction of scratches and reparations assuring that you get a penetrable view of the road ahead. The compressed design of the helmet make sure that the rider gets a contented, snug fit and the design make sure that the helmet does not come off effortlessly or fall during the event of an accident. The helmet is lengthened with good look. The helmet and visor both are scratch-resistant.
Why we recommend it
- This helmet is manufactured to handle impacts as the outer shell is made from Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, providing you ultimate durability and safety. The inner padding gives you utmost comfort while riding, making it extremely comfortable. Weighing only 800 grams, this helmet is lightweight and an ideal choice for daily use.
- It’s used with a material that can withstand a rough impact; this helmet by Vega is ISI-approved, ensuring that there is no compromise on quality. The full faced helmet gives you complete defense and comes with a scratch-resistant visor as well.
- Though providing utmost protection and crucial convenience, this helmet has a compressed design that comes with ABS for impact resistance.
Being smart consumers never ever compromise the quality of daily-use products you buy because of the money. Appreciated helmets are easily obtainable on the Internet if you’re on a budget. If you are having a hard time finding one, we have identified a good option for you Studds Premium Vent Professional Full Face Helmet is a worthwhile, performance oriented and a reasonable product. It is also tough and has a well-engineered design that will help you offer the best safety solutions ever for years to come.