Being a parent is one of the best feelings ever, but with so much happiness comes a responsibility. Every season is new for the baby and so taking precautions beforehand means a lot. Since winters have stepped in. There is no best time than now to invest in a good room heater so that it doesn’t affect the baby. Providing a soothing environment for the baby is very important and it takes a lot, adding a room heater in winters does a lot trust us, without doing further ado, check out the list of Top 5 Room Heaters available in India and do the needful. It is very important that when there is a baby living in a house, he or she must provide a comfortable environment as possible, in terms of the internal climatic conditions. It is even more important that your room has the ideal temperature and humidity so that your baby has an optimal rest.
Fulfilling all the duties being a new parent is taxing and we understand the same, here’ why we’re doing our bit in helping you get nothing but the best room heater for your baby. Before you check-in, the list, understand why actually you need a room heater and what all you need to look into before making any purchasing decision.
Why Do We Need A Room Heater for Baby?
Since every season is new for the baby, utmost care is needed, especially in winters. It must be understood that no matter what time of year we are in order to take extreme precautions in case of baby, that is, both in winter and summer. The internal conditions of the home must be correct, especially when there are important variations in the external temperatures, it is, therefore, necessary to follow a series of recommendations to establish an ideal climate in the baby's room.
For those who have babies, keeping them warm during the winter is a priority. If you do not have control over the heating of your house or the radiator is not effective, a heater can be the solution to keep the baby's room at the right temperature. Many heaters are suitable for use in the baby's room since your child will not be able to flip them or burn with them. Be sure to place the heater away from the crib and keep the surrounding area free of objects.
What is an Ideal Heating System for a Baby?
The idyllic heating system for babies is gas or electric radiators because they offer a pleasant and homogeneous heat. Also, if it can be regulated independently, much better for all the people who live in the house? It is recommended not to use butane stoves, braziers, etc. because they vitiate the air in the room and are dangerous.
Keep in mind that the heating dries the atmosphere. This environment is not healthy for babies. The ideal humidity for stays where the baby is located is between 30% and 50%. A higher percentage favors the development of fungi and other discomforts.
A thermometer and a hygrometer will be very useful to control the temperature and humidity.
Smart Tips for Using a Room Heater Properly
The main factor that affects the well-being of the baby is temperature. For this reason, it is important to keep track of the temperature when the baby is at home.
The following precautions should be taken when the arrival of a baby is expected:
- Ideally, keep a home temperature between 21 and 24 degrees during the day, when the baby is active and out of the crib. At night, the ideal temperature is between 18 and 20 degrees because being wrapped in pajamas, blankets, etc. your own body already generates heat.
- Never place the cradle too close to the radiator. Excess heat increases the risk of possible dehydration and sudden death.
- To avoid this excess of humidity, it is advisable to ventilate the rooms when the baby is not at home. On the contrary, if the environment is too dry by heating, the solution is to use a humidifier.
- When bathing the baby, heat the room with heating first. Both the ambient temperature and the water temperature have to be pleasant for the baby to avoid cooling down.
Advantages of Electric Heaters
- First, it is the best choice when we are looking to heat a small space like the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom …
- These devices very easy to handle, which they can transport easily.
- They are small in size, so they do not pose any problem in rooms with a few square meters.
- They do not require any type of installation.
- Since they work with electricity, they do not need any fuel or require special maintenance.
- They do not emit polluting gases and do not need fumes.
Drawbacks of Electric Heaters
- The main disadvantage of electric heaters is that the air they emit is instantaneous and lasts very little time in the environment. For that reason, the room stays warm while they are working, but once they are turned off, the room cools down quickly. For this reason, they are often used as a supplement to heating, especially in very cold places.
The electrical cost is high since they consume one watt of energy for each watt of heating they emit and, in addition, they have to be operating continuously.
Room Heaters for Baby – Top Features
The power/wattage of the heater majorly affects its heat output, the higher wattages produces more heat. Generally, most of the households have around 5amps socket. It’s always nicer to live in a warm atmosphere away from the harsh weather conditions.
Automatic On-Off Switch
This automatic switch turns on and off the heater if it tips over or overheats. Some parts will switch off if roughly or someone touches the protective grill.
Power Cord Length
Having an effectively long cord lets more sets for heater placements and helps in avoiding the need for an extension board.
A handle is equally a need and a convenience when locating a heater from room to room. It is also one of the major points while considering buying a room heater. Winters are in our head along with room heater we also need the best water heater brand so that we can save ourselves from harsh weather conditions.
These are a few noteworthy points to bear mind while making any purchase decisions. Save your newborn baby from harsh weather conditions this winter and do invest in a good room heater.
Best Room Heater for Baby in India
The Usha FH 1212 PTC heater with a more bendable thermostat and you can be preferred manually and set together with the desired level of heating for better relaxation. Moreover, Usha Fan Heater (1212 PTC) 1500-Watt with Adjustable Thermostat (Black/Brown) is also featured the adjustable stand with cord winder also available and easy installation process for your selected angle. In addition, the noise is less than 50 dB as well as without any hassle and inconvenience to others or not.
Why we recommend it
- Two Heating Elements For Energy Saving Options, ISI Mark
- Fire Retardant Strong ABS Housing
- Power consumption is 1500 Watts, 2 Stage Safety for Overheating Protection
- There are two-stage safeties for overheating protection.
- Most of the PTC heating elements with inbuilt safety and offers power saving and longer life.
Winters are cold but you can make it warm for yourself and the baby with Eveready HC2000 2000-Watt Room Heater (Black). This brand of room heaters is more powerful to warm your room and can be easily carried to any of the places. A notable thing about this room heater model is that it is available with adjustable options like wattage, and height. So you don't want to measure the space of your room literally you can fit the Eveready HC2000 2000-Watt Room Heater (Black) at your desired location.
Why we recommend it
- Dual heat settings to suit your comfort, available with 1000W/2000W and 230V- 50Hz
- Attachment of thermostat helps the user to control the temperature with various options as they need
- Included in the double heating process, Heating indicator
- The dual side of the air inlet is provided to offer a peak level of air intake
- Adjustable height to suit your placement needs
- Warranty: 1-year onsite warranty on the product
This model heater keeps your house warm and Orpat OQH-1230 800-Watt Quartz Heater (White) has two heating option which accurately make your space with heat and which is securable to use. With this, your room temperature will change and don’t let you feel chill at any time.
Why we recommend it
- It can require the maximum power of the 800
- It operates at the voltage of the 230 v.
- Two heating settings at the 400 w and 800 w
- 2 heating elements, Portable with handle
- Safety tip-over switch, Safety mesh grill
- Warranty: 1 year on product
The Orpat fan heater is the best way to keep your newborn warm and safe. It is the leading model when it comes to the heater. This heater is more compact, sturdy, and trendy so will be more suitable for household usage. This durable design Orpat Oeh-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater (White) is only available at a reasonable price and great deals online. This type ensures heat widespread. It has the two heat settings such as the 1000 watt of power and 2000 watt of powers while working.
It has come with the dual-mode for power consumption as well as heating. One mode works with the 1000 watts and other works with the 2000 watts. It gives high heated air to the surrounding space. This product is safe to touch. You should not make use of any nylon clothes closer to the heaters, because it will easily catch the fire. This product is easy and simple to install. It is lightweight and portable.
Why we recommend it
- Two heat settings-1000 watts and 2000 watts
- Safety cut-off, Thermal cut-off for added safety
- Non-sagging, stitching type, and long life heating element
- Ideal for a small/medium room only, i.e., up to 250 sq. ft. when operated at a 2000 watt heat setting.
- Refer the wattage chart image for locating heater wattage requirement for your room size
We’re a 100% sure, this would be the best companion for you to warm up you and your new family member in the winter season. Bajaj Blow Hot 2000-Watt Room Heater (Cream) works very efficiently to meet the people’s standards and helps to keep the room temperature stable in winter seasons. While knowing its advantages, you may find it as the best room heater and sure you will want to buy. I decided to buy, check out the model and prices online. The model is compact in design. It is easy for mobility and an automatic thermal cut-out for safety. It comes with a blower for forced-air circulation and can also be used as an air-circulator or as a drier. It is approved by BIS (ISI marked) and made in India.
Why we recommend it
- As needed by people, this heater maintains good room temperature
- When the device reaches the maximum temperature, it also includes the auto cut off mode to shut down the device
- The device protects against thermal heating
- Its power consumption is 2000watts
- It includes 2 heat settings 1000 and 2000 watts
Whilst all of us rejoice a break from the heat at the time of winters, the bitter chill might be challenging too. Thus, we are presenting the Bajaj Room Heaters that would help you keep warm during the winter season. Bajaj has come with the broad selection of room heaters that comprise Fan/Blower, Oil-Filled Radiators (OFR), PTC, and the Radiant Heaters. The Bajaj Flashy Radiant Room Heater is an ISI approved model and hosts a variety of safety measures to help keep the potential mishaps at bay. It comes with a 2-year warranty and has a power rating of 2500W for faster heating.
Why We Recommend It:
- Equipped with an anti-corrosive Nickel-Chrome plated mesh grid
- Comes with an advanced safety system against the overheating
- Offers a stylish and compact design apt for the mid-sized rooms
- Comprises a flexible stand at the bottom for substantial support
- Fortified with a stainless steel reflector for even heat distribution
Are you searching for a compact and trendy room heater for your bedroom or dining area? The Usha FH 3632 PTC has been distinctively intended to be appropriate for both wall-mounting and table placement working. This room heater comprises 3 distinct power modes, a mechanical switch regulator, and triple safety arrangement to make sure that you get a comfortable and safe heating experience. Moreover, this room fan heater from Usha is available in 3 different colors namely green, light blue, and white.
Why We Recommend It:
- Comprises two distinct heating options at 1200 and 2000W
- Offers 3 power modes namely high heat, low heat, and cool
- Appropriate for the table and wall-mounted usage anywhere
- Comes with the dust filter at the air inlet for long-lasting usage
- Provides a thermal cut-out option for overheat protection
Now, bringing home a portable room heating option has become easier with the unique development of the Havells 2000 Watt Comforter. This room heater or comforter comes with then the cool-on-touch body and an inbuilt fan to ensure the safety of the user. The dual-safety overheat protection of this Havells Comforter along with the variable thermostat control knob, you will be able to warm any room inside your house. Additionally, this room heater also comes with the adaptable vents to get the best air delivery as per your convenience.
Why We Recommend It:
- Offers advanced portability with the integrated carry handle
- Provides smoother air delivery with the adaptable vent angle
- Allows you to control the temperature with adjustable thermostat
- Comes with a trendy design to match any type of interior décor
- Ensures safe and easier handling with the cool-to-touch body
Do you require heating solely a small size room inside your house? Meant for spot heating, here we have the 2000W fan heater from the house of Orient Electric to serve you all this winter season. Equipped with a temperature control knob, you can select the desired temperature as per your convenience. Offering an adjustable stand, this fan heater can be placed on a table or any other flat surface for a personalized experience. Moreover, coming with the dual-fan arrangement, the HC2003D facilitates faster heating irrespective of how cold the setting is!
Why We Recommend It:
- Comprises an adjustable stand to keep your heater stable
- Offers a twin-fan arrangement for supreme air delivery
- Equipped with a powerful & durable 2000W heating element
- Provides both high and low heating option for convenience
- Comes with the nigh light feature to control the unit in dark
Heating a room in this chilly winter season could be challenging but no more with this PTC Room Heater from Morphy Richards. This 2000W room heater has been intended with top-quality components to deliver instantaneous warming at home. The Morphy Richards Orbit Room Heater also comes with the adjustable thermostat and the power selection knob to offer personalized comfort. Coming with an indicator light, this room heater signals the user if the unit has been turned on or off. Further, the Orbit PTC Room heater is quite dependable as it offers a 2-years manufacturer’s warranty against defects.
Why We Recommend It:
- Provides instant warmth to ensure comfortable winters
- Offers an adjustable thermostat for a personalized usage
- Comprises an indicator light to display if the unit is on or off
- The power selection knob allows choosing the desired level
- Comes with 2-years manufacturer’s warranty against defects
Being smart consumers never ever compromise the quality of home & kitchen appliances like a Portable room heater you buy because of money. Appreciated room heaters are easily accessible on the Internet if you’re on a budget. If you are having a hard time finding one, we have identified a good option for you. Eveready HC2000 2000-Watt Room Heater is a worthwhile, performance-oriented and reasonable product. It is also sturdy and has a well-engineered design that will provide the best heating solutions for your newborn for years to come.
What are the Different Types of Room Heaters on the Market?
When we visit the market, both online and offline, we tend to come across mainly 3 kinds of room heaters that have been discussed below:
This type of heaters is moreover called the Blower Room Heaters, Ceramic Heaters, and Convection room heaters. Fan heaters are perfect for warming bigger spaces in a short period of time. The fan heaters possess a ceramic coil arrangement that is going to heat up the air in its proximity and this warmth is propelled out by means of a fan, which would heat up your room. This kind of heater is safe to touch, energy-efficient, and inexpensive.
Infrared heaters are moreover called the Halogen, Quartz, or Radiant heaters. These heaters are the economical heaters available on the market. Recollect the red, radiant heater your grannie had? This is the same type of heater! The radiant heaters function similar to the campfires; offering heat solely to the individuals in near proximity. This is the reason why it is just suggested for individual utilization or for really small rooms. They would not produce any noise since there isn’t any fan; it would warm up rapidly and doesn’t consume a lot of energy. You may not be able to touch it like that cause severe injury.
Caution: You should always keep the children away from the radiant heaters.
The exterior of such heaters would become really hot faster and might give rise to severe burns. Therefore, these aren’t suggested for the families comprising small children. The Fan Heaters or Oil Heaters are superior options as far as families are concerned.
This type of heater is perhaps the finest that you might be able to purchase for your house. Even though they may consume some time to become hot, they deliver warmth for a really long time. They are going to offer heat even when they have been turned off and they don’t generate noise as the convection heaters do.
These room heaters are pretty energy-efficient and would help in keeping your electricity bills down. The oil heater functions using oil as the heat reservoir. As oil tends to dispense energy whilst it is heated one time, your heater is going to emanate heat even is the heater is turned off. The Oil heaters would not consume the oxygen and would not even diminish the humidity like the convection heaters. A common misunderstanding is that the oil is ought to burn inside the unit. In its place, the oil becomes hot through electricity, and the heat is transferred on to the walls of the metal by means of convection.
Which Room Heater is going to Suit your Requirements?
For an individual or the studio apartment, the radiant or fan heaters would be an ideal choice. You might just keep the room heater near your bedside and it would offer sufficient warmness for an individual. Fan heaters are moreover going to offer heat to 2 or 3 individuals.
In case you’re looking for an appropriate heater for your kids, the oil heaters would be the safest choice. They would not cause any skin rashes, dryness, or suffocation and therefore, are secure for the toddlers, infants, and younger kids. You might be able to install the oil heaters for the older family members as well.
Oil-based heaters are the finest choice when you want to heat up the bigger rooms, whilst the fan heaters are appropriate for the average rooms too. For the people diagnosed with asthma, every single electrical room heater would be recommended. Electrical heaters include all the 3 alternatives of oil, fan, and infrared heaters.
Oxygen & Humidity Levels
The quartz, as well as fan heaters, diminish the moisture content present in the indoor air. This is the reason why they utilize oxygen to get the air heated. The ceramic heaters warm up the air nearby the coil as well as infrared heaters. This is the reason why the level of humidity is diminished near them.
Poor moisture content gives rise to nasal blockage, irritation, and dry eyes. Holding the moisture for the young kids as well as older individuals is pretty significant, which is the reason why the radiant or infrared heaters aren’t appropriate for them. We suggest the users keep a bucket filled with water inside the room or any humidifier keep away from such conditions.
In case you desire to keep the moisture level of your room normal, the oil heater is going to be the finest choice for you. As the heat gets shifted from oil to the indoor air, the level of oxygen would not be depleted; thus keeping the moisture together.