For many centuries, the techniques of food dehydration have been used to preserve them better for longer. It is common to find dehydrated foods in markets and supermarkets. This process of dehydration consists in the elimination of the greater quantity of water and humidity of the food that is going to dehydrate. During the process temperature, air circulation, humidity, etc. are controlled. A food dehydrator provides the vast majority of foods with the same vitamins and minerals as their fresh counterparts, in a remarkable variety of concentrated flavours, nutrients and enzymes. Don’t forget to check out the top 5 food dehydrators available in India.
We all know that water is the source of life, but it is also the source of microbial life, so by drying out the food, we also get rid of that microbial life and can extend the life of dehydrated foods.
When a food is dehydrated, it reduces its size, due to the loss of water, it loses volume. This way, foods with more concentrated flavours are obtained, more resistant and with minimal risk of spoiling.
What can you do with a dehydrator?
- You can dry the vegetables cut into slices so that they last longer and it is suggested to put them in the freezer.
- Dry the fruit either with or without sugar, you can also turn them into completely natural treats.
- Dry preferably small pieces of meat or fish.
- You can also dry aromatic herbs to make your own spices.
- Ferment the bread dough.
- It allows intensifying the colour, appearance and consistency of some foods.
- It has reduced energy consumption.
The truth is that one of the main functions when it comes to dehydrating foods is to conserve them; this type of resource is very useful for those people who have an orchard and want to take advantage of the season.
However, in the professional kitchen this device is very useful since it provides a precise drying. The chefs usually use it because the ovens are not able to maintain a low temperature and to be constant. This tool is the most ideal for lovers of healthy food.
Best Food Dehydrator to Buy Online in India
This food dehydrator from Flexzion comes with adjustable thermostat from 95 to 160 degrees F. The vent and the heating element present concurrently work to do away with moisture from food. The heating element warms the food and excludes the moisture from interior. The fan blows the warm moist air out of the appliance via the vents and this process goes on and on for hours until the food is dried to lower water content.
Why we recommend it
- Built-in fan is designed to promote drying consistently without overheating,
- Adjustable thermostat makes sure that foods are dehydrated at their optimum temperature
- 5 stack able tray for flexible and easy food removal,
- Cleaning and increased airflow around your food for a more even as well as fast dehydration
There is no better way to preserve foods and make healthy home-based snack for kids and children without flavors: Perfect for dried apricots, fruit leather, dehydrated fruit slices, banana chips, dried apple, prunes, berries, nuts, kale chips vegetables, sweet potato sticks, dried herbs and spices, and other dry food dried fruit snacks.
Here comes another multi-tier professional food dehydrator that might preserve various types of food products. With this dehydrator, you would be able to prepare nourishing food without having to experience any hassle. Owing to the preservation of food using this appliance, food products aren’t going to be spoiled or waste. Crafted having one-button operation, this food dehydrator is easy to use and adds a whole lot of convenience. The temperature control scheme, you may regulate the heat with a maximum of up to 180°F. Moreover, this food dehydrator comprises 5 detachable food trays that can be stacked one above the other.
Why Do We Recommend It:
- Doesn’t consume a lot of power with the 350W rating
- Helps prepare nutritious food without any sort of hassle
- Offers a single operational button for an effortless usage
- Comprises 5 removable dryer trays that stack quite easily
- Assists in increasing the shelf life of the food products
This food dehydrator from Excalibur comes with 5 Tray and is powered by 110V, and includes adjustable thermostat. This series offers the ultimate adaptability, reliability and quality creation Excalibur is famous for. This sequence is aimed to last over 20 years and built to the premier specifications with advanced electrical gears and groundbreaking plastics.
Why we recommend it
- 5-tray dehydrator, 8 square feet of drying space
- Built in on/off switch
- Apt for families with small gardens
- Contains adjustable thermostat
- Convenient 26 hour timer, lets you sleep of leave home in peace
- Powered by 110V
You simply require inserting the food into the drying trays and switch on the appliance to revel in a healthy and effectual preparation of food. The Maharaja Mall Food Dehydrator efficiently functions to eliminate moisture, dehydrating the food, and decreasing spoilage. The multi-level food trays facilitate improved air-flow that dries for extended food preservation and shelf-life. Your food is going to last for a longer time and the elimination of moisture is far more advantageous when compared to freezing or canning. This food dehydrator retains around 97% dietary value of the products and has been tested to taste better and last longer!
Why Do We Recommend It:
- Doesn’t produce any noise whilst dehydrating the food items
- Allows for uniform drying of food products with heating coils
- Comes with 5 interchangeable trays for advanced drying
- Offers an internal operating temperature of 133-degrees F
- Provides a rotating dial to allow for easier and convenient usage
Rosewill Countertop Portable Electric Food Fruit Dehydrator Machine with Adjustable Thermostat, BPA-Free 5-Tray RHFD-15001
Our last but not the least food dehydrator is from Rosewill offers a fast and the easiest way to make healthy, natural snacks from the comfort of your home. It comes with 5 tray capacity and other additional attachments along with adjustable thermostat feature. The bottom mounted fan and the heating element provides a consistent air flow for ideal drying and it requires no rotation.
Why we recommend it
- 5 Tray Capacity: BPA-Free Herb trays roll trays and stack able trays
- Adjustable thermostat: 95 to 155 Degrees F,
- 250 Watt of drying power
- A fast & easy way to make delicious, healthy and natural meals
- Use for drying-crafts: flowers, apple, meat and more
- Bottom-mounted fan and heating element provide constant air flow for optimum drying
Benefits of the food dehydrator:
The first advantage of this new type of household appliance is that it facilitates the preservation of numerous foods without having to go through the refrigerator. Although the dehydrator also consumes energy, its use frees up the fridge and allows it to be stored for long periods. Especially interesting is the case of high-value foods, which are not consumed immediately and which resist freezing badly, such as mushrooms, especially the tickets.
Another advantage is that it gives rise to new textures, especially in the case of vegetables, which have generated a new cuisine based on recipes, especially vegans, which are healthy by dispensing with saturated fats and added sugars. It is also advisable to point out that they preserve vegetable fibber and even promote its consumption by promoting new dishes based on vegetables, but not only.
The modern dehydrator produces basically the same food with approximately 75 percent of its moisture removed. The only threat to deterioration is the remaining moisture. When dehydrating foods, it is better to dry them more than less. Once dehydrated, the food should be packed in airtight jars, bags or airtight containers. They should be stored in a cool, dark place, like a pantry or cupboard. Dehydrated vegetables, fruits and pasta have a shelf life of up to 30 years. Milk powders or milk substitutes can last up to 20 years.
Live foods are uncooked foods and dehydration of food dates back to biblical times, when it was a necessity. There is almost no vitamin C that is lost in dehydration, and all the vitamin A and Beta Carotene in the plant foods are conserved. Minerals such as selenium, potassium and magnesium are also preserved.
Advantages of dried foods
Fresh foods are broken down much more easily due to the action, among others, of bacteria, enzymes, moulds and yeasts. If these foods are also exposed to high temperatures, the decomposition process will accelerate. It is appreciated in the colour that it is taking, the smell, appearance, and if you dare to try it, something that should be avoided, the taste has also been spoiled.
During immemorial times, because there were no refrigerators or other types of household appliances, different methods of food preservation have always been sought and used. In this way, hunger was avoided in some way during periods of food shortages.
Advantages of food dehydration
The advantages of food preservation through food dehydration are the following.
- Even if a food has been dehydrated, it can be returned to its previous state by hydrating it again.
- Its nutritional properties are preserved almost in its entirety.
- By having a smaller size, you can store more food in the same space.
- The conservation time is prolonged, and can be found in any season of the year.
- Many dehydrated foods, especially fruit, are used as snacks, and they are also very healthy.
- When the food is dehydrated it is at its moment of maturity, so the food that is obtained is of very good quality.
- You can dehydrate almost any type of food, vegetables, grains, meats, fish (very common in Asia), fruits, seeds, algae, etc.
Factors to Consider when Buying a Food Dehydrator
Cost effective and convenient
Always try to buy food dehydrator that is in your budget. In market one can get a range of food dehydrator depends upon the facilities they receive. So rate varies according to the facilities
Number of trays and capacity
This aspect is very important when deciding what type of food dehydrator is best for you. Depending on the number of members in the family and the frequency in which you want to use your food dehydrator oven, you should choose a dehydrator with more or less trays.
Level of consumption and power
This factor is totally relevant since it will definitely influence your satisfaction and frequency of use of the appliance. What good is it to buy a powerful appliance that you do not use because it consumes too much energy? In this sense, it is important to know that, in general, dehydrators are household appliances designed to consume very little energy
The timer is a practically indispensable requirement if we do not want to be aware of the process of dehydration checking the state of the food every so often. Currently, the vast majority of food dehydrators have a timer that allows you to set the time when you want to dehydrate your fruits or vegetables so that, when the previously stipulated time passes, the machine will turn off automatically. In this way you can forget and when you want to realize your fruits and vegetables will be in their perfect conservation point.
Although it is true that the maintenance of these devices is minimal, this does not mean that we can say without cleaning much less. It is important that the device is easy to clean; for example, that the shelves can be easily inserted in the dishwasher to forget about having to use them by hand.
In addition to all the above, we should bet on a good brand, so we could process the guarantee in case it was necessary.
Being smart consumers never ever compromise the quality of kitchen appliances like Food dehydrators you buy because of the money. The appreciated Food dehydrators is effortlessly obtainable on the Internet if you’re on a budget. If you are having a hard time finding one, we have identified a good option for you Excalibur 3526TB Excalibur 3526TB 5 Tray Dehydrator is a worthwhile, performance oriented and a reasonable product. It is also tough and has a well-engineered design that will help you offer great ironing solutions for years to come.