No home cooked Spaghetti can taste like delicious pasta served at your revered eating joints. Once you taste the real pasta, replicating the same is nearly impossible. Here’s why you need a pasta maker for your kitchen, so that you can have your pasta at any given time of the day. In this post, you’ll find a buyer’s guide on how to choose the pasta maker followed by top 5 options available in the market.
Guide to choose the best pasta maker
A machine to make pasta is a mechanical or electrical kitchen utensil with which we can make pasta or noodles that we consume at home. It allows for preparing the pasta as we prefer it in terms of thickness and shape.
All lovers of Italian pasta should have a utensil like this at home that is quite profitable if we take into account that with a kilo of wheat flour and eight eggs we can prepare about two kilos of pasta to our liking.
Currently, there are two types of machines for pasta: the flattener and cutter and the machine by extrusion; the first is the classic one with which we can prepare various types of pasta such as lasagna, linguini, and cannelloni, among others.
The second machine is the one that allows making pasta like macaroni or spaghetti of different sizes; it basically consists of pressing the dough into a cylinder until it comes out through small holes, as happens with churreras.
If you are looking to buy a pasta machine but do not know where to start, then you are in the right place. Throughout this article, you will discover all the secrets and recommendations that you should know so that your choice when making one of them is as accurate as possible, whether your goal is to have the machine in a bar as if it is to have it at home. In both cases, the play will come out round.
Features to consider when buying a pasta laminator
The variety that currently exists in the market on machines to make pasta is quite considerable, so we must take into account some criteria before acquiring it because the main objective of the purchase is to cover our needs.
In that sense, before investing in this useful tool you should consider aspects such as:
It is important that we observe the most recognized brands that use quality materials such as stainless steel, as this will allow us to acquire a machine so durable that even our children and grandchildren can inherit it.
The value for money
It is necessary to analyze if the price of the machine is equivalent to the quality of the pasta that it provides us according to our needs and the functions it has.
According to your preferences should be the type of machine to choose, that is, if you like spaghetti you can opt for an extrusion; If you prefer the cannelloni, the lasagna or the ravioli then you can choose a classic with a flattener and slicer.
In the same way, you can choose according to your preferences between a manual and an electric machine, this will depend on the elaboration of the products you choose.
Some machines to make pasta have included accessories that are attached to it and allow you to cut the pasta in different ways to obtain various types of noodles. These are very attractive for lovers of Italian food who want to prepare different dishes. So when choosing a machine, make sure you come with the necessary accessories to make your Italian products and dishes.
Types of pasta
It is preferable to choose a machine that allows you to make various types of pasta for our favorite recipes, with adjustable rollers to achieve different thicknesses and shapes, as the variety is the taste.
Look at the included accessories, with which you can make both long kinds of pasta such as spaghetti and linguinis to short pasta such as macaroni and elbows for example. The more types you can perform much better.
It is very linked to the previous factor. You must choose a model that allows you to perform different types of finishing. By this, I mean that you can flatten the pasta dough very thin and have one or more cutting tools to shape the pasta.
This is a fundamental factor because if you have a fairly large kitchen you can opt for a pasta machine of any size, but if you do not have much space you must choose one that suits the space you have available in the kitchen to avoid inconvenience to the time to store it.
Life spam of pasta maker
The durability of the machine depends to a great extent on the materials with which the machine is made. In that sense, we recommend the stainless steel since it is much more hygienic and resistant than plastic.
If you prefer manual machines make sure you have a system to fix it in the kitchen with it to prevent it from moving and an accident occurs. If yours are the electric machines look for those that have automatic shutdown after a few minutes in disuse.
The mass is evident that stains the machine and that is why it must be cleaned after each use. To facilitate that the cleaning is as fast as possible it is necessary to check the ability of the machine to disassemble and thus be able to clean the parts separately and get a much better result. This is especially important to check when the machine is made of stainless steel since its weight is greater and cleaning it without disassembling it can be quite heavy.
The price of a pasta machine is a very variable factor since it will depend on whether it has more or better accessories, the manufacturing materials, whether it is electric or manual, among others.
The price range can range from 30 Euros in cheap models to over 100 euros in more complete machines.
Manual or electric
If you are going to use it occasionally and for small quantities, the most normal thing is that with a manual machine you have enough and so you can save the amount of an electric machine, which is higher. The manual machines normally usually need two people to make the paste since while one person gives the crank of the rollers another has to be in charge of supporting it so that it does not move and spoil the process. Electric machines are much more comfortable but have the disadvantage of having a higher price, so the choice will depend on the preferences of the consumer.
Top 5 Noodles making machines
Prepare delicious noodles, pasta or momos in no time with the Kent Noodle & Pasta Maker. It comes with seven molds that can be used to prepare noodles, kinds of pasta or momos of different shapes and sizes. In addition, this pasta and noodle maker can be easily cleaned, thanks to its specially designed cleaning tool.
Why we recommended it
- An up to date pasta making device with automatic operation of mixing, rubdown and extruding to find fresh, hygienic noodles, pasta, momos and gujiya in minutes.
- This unique device helps you make noodles, pasta, momos, and gujiya, fresh at home in less than 10 minutes.
- The automatic mixing, kneading and extrusion functions facilitate the manufacture of a variety of noodles and pasta without any manual intervention.
- With this pasta and noodle maker, you can customize the flavors by using different types of flour and adding ingredients such as egg, herbs, vegetable juices, etc.
- This easy-to-assemble device with a compact and easy-to-use design makes it extremely easy to operate, clean and store.
Divinezon Stainless Steel Pasta Maker and Roller Machine, Noodle Spaghetti and Fettuccine Maker
The Divine on stainless steel pasta and rolling machine is definitely one of the best-qualified products you can buy. With many features and easy-to-use options, it's a great thing to have in your home. The pasta maker is also easy to build and has a sturdy body. Apart from this, wear resistance prevents the product from oxidizing.
Check Price On Amazon
Why we recommended it
- This device is a capable assistant and a perfect companion for pasta lovers who will unleash his passion for cooking
- The non-compulsory rollers can construct noodles of 2 different thicknesses.
- The product is completely non-slip and comfortable to grip.
- You can store it anywhere in your kitchen as the size is quite relevant and also ensures that everything goes well.
It is a manual machine made of high quality galvanized steel. The machine is extremely durable, easy to use and operate. You can make several types of pasta with this machine. It is one of well know pasta machine in the market.
Why we recommended it
- You can create various pasta shapes such as spaghetti, lasagna, and linguine.
- This noodle maker adopts premium quality stainless steel material.
- It can be fixed to the table or work surface with the clamp provided
- In addition, the optional rollers can make noodles of 2 different thicknesses (2 mm and 6 mm)
- The ergonomic treatment on the handle makes it non-slip.
- Product size: 8. 1 “x 8. 1” x 5. 5 “, Package includes: 1 x Maker Paste 1 x Hand Crank 1 x Pinza
DIVINZ is the registered brand of DIVINZ Corporation. We suggest buying the original product by the seller who is wholesaler as well as retailer. So buy original products only from DIVINZ & have a safe shopping. DIVINZ serving buyers from many years. We achieved high customer standard services by our long experience.
Why we recommended it
- Brand new and high quality, Stainless steel material, wear-resistant and uneasy to get rusty
- Can be fixed to the table or working surface with the clamp provided
- Optional two different noodle widths (2mm and 6mm)
- Anti-skid handle, comfortable to grip
- Easily prepare your own fresh pasta: Spaghetti, fettuccine, lasagna, etc
Grizzly Stainless Steel Pasta Roller with Tagliatelle and Fettuccine Cutters (Pasta & Noodle Maker)
Prepare authentic noodles in your home with the Italian made Atlas noodle machine Body made with anodized aluminum chromed steel rollers and cutters The easily adjustable 9-way dial regulates the thickness of the noodle dough Includes manual crank and clamp with stainless steel handles Narrow ABS plastic and wide cutters Additional accessories for more styles of noodles sold separately Homemade chefs are more interested than ever in creating healthier ways to feed their families. The organics are inside, and the pasta never comes out.
Check Price On Amazon
Why we recommended it
- Grizzly Stainless Steel Pasta Roller with Tagliatelle and Fettuccine Cutters is the most well-known pasta machine in the world. With this pasta making machine you can make fettuccine, spaghetti, flat dough sheet, and tagliatelle.
- It has an easy-to-use adjustment button that allows you to control the thickness of the noodles, from 0.3 mm to 2.5 mm.
- This heavy duty machine has a chromed steel body.
- The rollers and cutters are made of long-lasting anodized aluminum.
- Anodized aluminum is an innovation of well-being; Rollers and cutters grip the dough better and because they are free of heavy metals, such as chromium and nickel, healthier results are obtained.
- The gears are hardened steel. It also includes clamp to secure the counter, instruction book and recipes.